How you can participate
- Decide if you want to walk, run or bike- design your own fitness plan!
- If you’d like to bike, register for the Tour de Lopez
- Get your friends and family to sponsor you (i.e. $1 per mile) for your efforts in supporting the LIFE Garden Program. You can use our sponsor letter template to get started.
- Train and track miles with the fitness log.
- Collect donations from sponsors.
- Form a team to ride or walk with you and ask each team member to secure sponsors
If you’d like to volunteer to assist with logistics, there are numerous ways we could use your help!
- Set up at school from 8:30-10:30 am
- Tabling during the Tour de Lopez and passing out materials about the LIFE Program/serving Shannon’s delicious food (shifts 8-10:30 or 10:30-12)
- Assisting with games and activities for kids during the event from 10-12
- Helping clean up after from 12-1:30pm
To sign up as a volunteer for the event, please e-mail email@example.com
We encourage you to be creative in the way you seek sponsors. One of the most effective (and easiest) ways is to launch a letter-writing or e-mail campaign. By simply drafting a “Dear family and friends” letter or email explaining why you and/or your family are participating in Bike for LIFE, including some background on the LIFE Program, you can reach many potential supporters. A combination of e-mail, letter, social media, telephone and newsletter/bulletin posting will probably be the most successful. We have provided a sponsor letter template that may be helpful under Downloads, below.
The Bike for LIFE committee’s method with students is to mail information about the program so we are also educating people about the value of garden-based education and the importance of good nutrition in school lunches/snacks. If you’d like to download and print our brochure to mail to friends, family or any other potential sponsor, please feel free to do so.
Donation form (PDF)
Fitness log (PDF)
Sponsor letter template (PDF)
Bike for LIFE Brochure (PDF)